Thursday 26 February 2009

What have I been up to?

... again lol.

Yesterday evening I noticed some golden sunshine trying to get through the closed blinds in my computer room and I told my husband I was almost tempted to go out shooting.
"So go then," he replied :o)
I love my husband much more than words can express!

So, off I go with camera in hand to the beach which is just across the road from where I live.

We have sand on our beach here...yay! (I sound excited because where I used to live we had a pebble beach.)

By the time I get to the beach the golden sun had disappeared behind the clouds and I thought I had lost my chance. Oh well, I'll capture some other things while I am here, I thought to myself.

Down on the beach it was absolutely freezing, with quite a fierce breeze blowing.
Someone was having a great time flying a kite.



I noticed some clouds starting to break and let the sun through. It was almost as if the sun was starting show itself just for me. "Here you go Ali, here is the sunset you have been waiting for."



My hands felt like ice but I wasn't going to be taken away from an un-obstructed view of the sun setting, for the very first time in my life!
It was amazing and it happened so fast!



Wherever you are, I hope you are doing the things that bring you happiness. Have a great day everyone :o)

3 comments:

Denise Snyder said...

WOWZERS!!! Ali these are awesome!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Nice perspective with the person through the grass flying the kite. Wish we had a spot like that around here!

Ali said...

Thank you D and Will :o)

About Me

My photo
Alison Greenwood LRPS is a member of the Royal Photographic Society and the Photographic Society of America. Alison Greenwood LRPS is a professional, on location portrait photographer based in the Blackpool area of Lancashire, UK. Covering Preston, Blackpool, Lytham, St Annes, Fleetwood, Thornton, Cleveleys, Poulton-le-Fylde, Garstang, Over Wyre and surrounding areas. Alison Greenwood, Alison Greenwood Photography, Blackpool Photographer, Lancashire Photographer, on-location photographer, Lancashire Maternity photographer, Blackpool Maternity photographer, Lytham St Annes Maternity photographer, Lancashire newborn photographer, Lancashire baby photographer, Blackpool baby Photographer, Lytham St Annes baby photographer, Lytham St Annes childrens photographer, Lytham St Annes family photographer, Lytham St Annes Prom Photographer, Lytham St Annes wedding Photographer, Blackpool Wedding photographer, Blackpool Boudoir photographer, Lytham St Annes Boudoir Photographer, Lancashire Boudoir photographer, Band photographer, album cover