Friday 9 April 2010

Day 99 - 9th April

I thought I would go out to a public garden today, to capture some of the Spring beauty.
My husband came with me but left me to it while he took 2 of our girls to the park side of the gardens.

Minding my own business, I start taking a shot of daffodils reflections in some water.



There was a group of young boys hanging around the gardens, who obviously didn't have anything to do for the Easter holidays.
Suddenly, I hear one of them, who can't have been more than 12 years old, shout out, "Oi! Stop taking pictures of me you f**king B*tch!"
I was disgusted, to say the least.

I knew it was aimed at me, so, after I finished taking my shot I marched over to the group.

As I approached the group of boys I saw one of them run away and jump over a wall! The offender perhaps?
One of the others, a rather large young man, started walking toward me. I thought maybe I had got it all wrong and he was the one who shouted me and that confronting them was probably the worst thing I could have done alone.
However, the young man very politely said to me, "I am so sorry about my friend, he's in such a bad mood today."

I showed the boy my pictures, "Would you like to know what I was taking pictures of?!" I exclaimed, shaking with fear and anger. "Reflections of Daffodils! There are no pictures of any of you boys on my camera!!!"

The boy looked over his shoulder at his cowardly friend and shouted, "She was taking pictures of Daffodils!!!"

Drama over, I calmly walked away and carried on taking pictures of the flowers. The boys left me alone.

I told my 5 year old son about this when he got home from his friends house. His reaction ... he jumped up and down with excitement, clapping his hands as he cheered, "Yay Mummy!"

I love my son so much :o)

Happy ending...pretty flowers :o)

Don't ya just love happy endings?





3 comments:

Mayra aka Coqui2001 said...

Hi Alison: Great blog you have, stunning photos.

Alganhar said...

My mother loves Daff's, in fact her online name is Daff. Silver surfers for you.

I almost lost her last year to AML... until I started dropping by to look after her garden for her I didnt realise how many types of daffodils there are.

They are a beautiful flower, and come in a surprising variety of colours from bright yellow to pale peach! I think us Welsh chose a goodun!

Ali said...

Thank you both so much.

About Me

My photo
Alison Greenwood LRPS is a member of the Royal Photographic Society and the Photographic Society of America. Alison Greenwood LRPS is a professional, on location portrait photographer based in the Blackpool area of Lancashire, UK. Covering Preston, Blackpool, Lytham, St Annes, Fleetwood, Thornton, Cleveleys, Poulton-le-Fylde, Garstang, Over Wyre and surrounding areas. Alison Greenwood, Alison Greenwood Photography, Blackpool Photographer, Lancashire Photographer, on-location photographer, Lancashire Maternity photographer, Blackpool Maternity photographer, Lytham St Annes Maternity photographer, Lancashire newborn photographer, Lancashire baby photographer, Blackpool baby Photographer, Lytham St Annes baby photographer, Lytham St Annes childrens photographer, Lytham St Annes family photographer, Lytham St Annes Prom Photographer, Lytham St Annes wedding Photographer, Blackpool Wedding photographer, Blackpool Boudoir photographer, Lytham St Annes Boudoir Photographer, Lancashire Boudoir photographer, Band photographer, album cover