Friday 8 January 2010

2010 - my year in pictures

To keep my blog moving on a daily basis I have decided to embark on a brave venture...
to take a fresh picture, every day, on the day, for a year!

I guess it's going to be kind of like keeping a diary. Where I have been throughout the year. What the weather is like etc. I may even post a few of my other shots that I get from the day.

I hope you enjoy looking at my year in pictures :o)

Here's to a happy, healthy and successful new year.

Day 1 - 1st January

A Christmas gift made for me by one of my daughters.



Day 2 - 2nd January

I went out this evening to try to capture the Christmas Lights in our town square before they take them down.



Day 3 - 3rd January

Taken for a "Shoes" Challenge.
I wanted mine to tell a story.
This idea suddenly came to me last night.
I told one of my 13 year old twin daughters about it and she loved the idea!
So I dragged them out today to take pictures lol. They're so good to me, dressing up, coming to the train station and out into the cold to pose for this shot.

Great news! I got joint 1st place in the shoe challenge for this shot! :o)

There is a sudden death vote off going on as we speak. I will let you know what the result is when I know more myself.




Day 4 - 4th January 2010

A cold and frosty morning.
The sunlight looked so pretty kissing the frost on the leaves this morning.



Day 5 - 5th January

One Man and his Dog, on the Beach today.



Day 6 - 6th January

Sir Walter Scott
Historical novelist & poet



Day 7 - 7th January

My hubby's Egyptian Scarab

Ancient Egyptians believed in the power of amulets and other charms to protect themselves from evil and to bring them good fortune. Evil forces were believed to be everywhere and special amulets and ceremonies were required to change one's fortune. One of these amulets was the Scarab, or good luck beetle. Real mummified beetles were buried with the dead. Representations of beetles were worn as amulets, used as seals, and/or buried with the dead.
(This is becoming very educational for me :o) )




... and finally today's picture of the day. I had fun with this one.

Day 8 - 8th January 2010

Taken for a "Show us your Camera" challenge.

This Kodak Instamatic 255X was my very first camera, given to me by my Mum, when I was 16.
Ok, so not quite from the Ice Age period but I don't think I can buy film for it anymore.

(Yes, that is real snow. Yes, I am laying down in the snow. And yes, I am wet and freezing my butt off lol. I had fun today).

"The Digital Camera?! Pah! Just like the Aeroplane, it'll never take off!"

Great news! I got 3rd place, out of 388 entries, in the "Show us your camera" challenge, for this shot!

1 comment:

Judy said...

Congratulations -- it is quite a shot & now worth all the wet & freezing you went through to get it!

About Me

My photo
Alison Greenwood LRPS is a member of the Royal Photographic Society and the Photographic Society of America. Alison Greenwood LRPS is a professional, on location portrait photographer based in the Blackpool area of Lancashire, UK. Covering Preston, Blackpool, Lytham, St Annes, Fleetwood, Thornton, Cleveleys, Poulton-le-Fylde, Garstang, Over Wyre and surrounding areas. Alison Greenwood, Alison Greenwood Photography, Blackpool Photographer, Lancashire Photographer, on-location photographer, Lancashire Maternity photographer, Blackpool Maternity photographer, Lytham St Annes Maternity photographer, Lancashire newborn photographer, Lancashire baby photographer, Blackpool baby Photographer, Lytham St Annes baby photographer, Lytham St Annes childrens photographer, Lytham St Annes family photographer, Lytham St Annes Prom Photographer, Lytham St Annes wedding Photographer, Blackpool Wedding photographer, Blackpool Boudoir photographer, Lytham St Annes Boudoir Photographer, Lancashire Boudoir photographer, Band photographer, album cover